Apply for Commercial Loan Officer II using the link below:
Commercial Loan Officer II
The Commercial Loan Officer II is responsible for providing professional commercial lending services to existing and prospective bank clients. The Commercial Loan Officer II is expected to achieve their certain production and customer calling goals and properly manage their assigned loan portfolio.
Bachelors’ degree preferred, plus a minimum of 3 – 5 years of progressively responsible Commercial Lending experience. Trustworthiness and sensitivity are essential. Skill competencies required include, but are not limited to:
⦁ Ability to underwrite credit requests, determine appropriate loan structure and present proposed loan requests for approval
⦁ Prepare professional Credit Write- Ups for review by Commercial Team Lead, Credit Administration and Loan Committee for approval
⦁ Ability to assess and grade credit risk, debt service capacity and ratio analysis
⦁ Good understanding of financial statements including balance sheets, income statements and statement of cash flows
⦁ Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
⦁ Strong customer focus
⦁ Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment
⦁ Excellent verbal and written communication skills
⦁ Excellent proofreading skills with a strong attention to detail
⦁ Ability to work both independently and as a team player
⦁ Practice flawless ethical behavior and understands the need for confidentiality
⦁ Information Technology knowledge is a plus.
⦁ Must have valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle
Must have an overall understanding of Bank operations and regulatory compliance, including the Bank Secrecy Act.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
Commercial Loan Officer II will work closely with the Commercial Team Lead and Commercial Banking Manager to manage existing lending customers and develop new client relationships to attract future lending opportunities for the bank. The Commercial Loan Officer II will work closely with the Bank’s Credit Analysts to assist in analysis of credit requests and preparation of Credit Write ups.
Position maintains frequent and close working relationship with a variety of centers of influence, community leaders and business Professionals.
Responsibility #1 Loan Production and Maintenance
- Originate, underwrite, and service a portfolio of commercial banking relationships and cross-sells other banking services when appropriate
- Monitor existing loan portfolios to maintain a high quality asset base and assist in collection of past due loans
- Negotiate renewals of credit facilities. Recommend approval of loan payments, construction draw requests, draws from lines of credit and funds transfers with specified limits
Responsibility #2 Credit and Borrower Analysis
- Screen potential commercial borrowers by analyzing their business plan, strategies, and projections, as well as, historical financial statements and business results
- Meet with existing customers and prospects through various methods to discuss business needs and recommend ways in which the Bank can provide solutions
- Work with Credit Analysts to accurately review prospective borrower requests and coordinate processing of approved loans
- Test financial loan covenants and prepare annual term loan reviews
- Ensure all loan documents are correct, signed and recorded/perfected.
- Ensure all supporting documentation is complete and signed where necessary.
Responsibility #3 New Business Development / Community Outreach
- Engage in business development activities and solicit new high quality loan and deposit business to achieve volume and/or production goal
- Represent SCB at various community functions and professional/civic groups to further enhance the Bank’s image and visibility
Responsibility #4 Continuing Education
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
Sound Community Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO is the Law