Our objective is to help MBEs grow their business. The Northwest Mountain MSDC continuously builds, evaluates, and improves MBE services to support the MBE’s evolving needs.
Read more about our services for Minority Business Enterprises
Become a Certified MBE
Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Certification is a nationally recognized validation of your company’s status as a minority owned, managed and controlled business.
Benefits of Certification
- National Certification recognized by private sector corporations, public agencies and non-profit organizations
- Access to regional and national MSDC services
- Listing in the National MSDC database utilized by a vast number of corporations nationwide
National MSDC Services:
- Discounted fees for registration at NMSDC national events
- Eligibility for participation in NMSDC development program
Northwest Mountain MSDC Services:
- Local, regional, and national referrals to member corporations and opportunities
- Educational programs and resources
- Training seminars and webinars
- Council email communications and events
Eligibility requirements for MBE Certification
- The firm must be a for-profit enterprise physically located in the United States or its territories.
- The firm must be 51% ethnic minority owned, operated, and controlled by a United States Citizen. NMSDC certifies the following minority groups: African-American, Hispanic-American, Native American, Asian Pacific/Indian American
- The submission of all required documents. Northwest Mountain MSDC reserves the right to request additional information and/or documentation for purposes of determining eligibility for MBE Certification as per the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC).
- Complete the online application and provide supplemental documents.
You may find our instructional video helpful.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee.
- Desk audit review within 45 days.
- Onsite visit with owner(s).
- Certification committee review.
- Final Board review for vote.
Renew your certification
Certified MBEs are required to re-certify annually in order to maintain certified status and remain listed in both local and national minority business databases.
- Step 1. Submit and upload the most recent Federal Tax Returns and Declaration of Minority Status with the updated application.
- Step 2. Pay the non-refundable application fee.
- Step 3. Desk audit review within 30 days.
Application Fees / Recertification Fee
- Class I
Annual Revenue: Less than $1 Million
New Certification: $300
Re-certification (Renewal): $250
- Class II
Annual Revenue: $1-10 Million
New Certification: $550
Re-certification (Renewal): $500
- Class III
Annual Revenue: $10-50 Million
New Certification: $850
Re-certification (Renewal): $800
- Class IV
Annual Revenue: Above $50 Million
New Certification: $950
Re-certification (Renewal): $900
Expedited service available: $800 + Application Fee + Any associated travel expenses
Questions? Contact Huda Al-musawi at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (253) 243-6959 ext. 109.